We are slowly assembling a list of local companies and resources involved in cycling. This includes products made locally, owned by local companies, and finally US-based or US-owned companies making cycling equipment. It’s by no means exhaustive and very much a work in progress. Feel free to email suggestions and corrections.
- DeSalvo Custom Cycles – Ashland based frame builder and our sponsor
- Oregon Bicycle Constructors Association – Association of the Oregon Framebuilders
Bike Frame Painting/Powdercoating
- Coat – Vanilla’s Bicycle Painting off-shoot
- Booker Enterprises – Portland based powder coating service
- Class Act Powder Coating – Portland based powder coating service (they coat for Felt, Kona, and bunch of other manufacturers)
Bike Components, Local Companies, Locally Made Products
- White Brothers – BuyLocal Sponsor and maker of carbon rigid and suspension forks from Utah
- Ruckus Components – BuyLocal Sponsor and maker of Custom carbon fiber bike bicycle parts in Portland Oregon
- EDGE Composites – High end carbon forks and wheels made in Ogden, Utah
- Thomson – Seat Posts and Stems made in Macon, GA
- Chris King Precision Components – Hubs, Headsets, & Bottom Brackets made in Portland, Oregon
- Paul Component Engineering – Brakes, Cranks, Hubs, and other small parts from Northern California
- BBG Bash Guards – Tualatin, Oregon based made chain ring bash guards for Mountain and Cross cranksets
- Koolstop – Lake Oswego, Oregon made brake pads
- Light On! Bicycle Lights – Portland based battery and dynamo based light systems. In use at Blind Date series of cross races at Alpenrose.
- Sykes Wood Fenders – Portland, Oregon based fenders made to custom order in various sizes and types of wood
- Woodys Custom Cycling Fender – Bend, Oregon based custom made wood fender company
- Efficient Velo Tool – Handmade bike tools from Vancouver, Washington
- Blue Sky Cycle Carts – Bike trailers from Sutherlin, Oregon
- Inside Ride – E-Motion Rollers from North Plains, Oregon company
- Cycle Dog – Handmade dog collars and leashes made from recycled tubes
- Fun Reflector – Reflectors
- Burley – Trailers and parts, some products still made in Eugene, Oregon
- Cleverchimp – Longtail bike electric assist motors
- Oregon Component Companies (Products made in Asia)
Oregon Based Web Retailers
- Loose Screws Bicycle Small Parts – Ex-Portland based Web Retailer of Small Bike Parts (they have 1000s of items)
- BikeTiresDirect – Portland based Web retailer of discount bicycle tires, components and accessories
- Bike Tools Etc. – Ashland, OR based retailer of every Bike Tool Imaginable.
- Team Estrogen – Hillsboro based web retailer of =Women’s Cycling Apparel
- BicyclingHub.com – On-line retailer specializing in Cycling apparel.
- RetroImage Apparel – Huge selection of retro Jerseys, Poster etc. Local Portland Web Retailer.
- Webcyclery – Bend based Web Retailer
- Wend Magazine – Portland based adventure magazine
- Red Bat Press – Old fashioned printer with wood-cut and letterpress type publications, postcards, posters, etc with a Cycling bent
- Microcosm Publishing – Local publisher of zines, stickers, posters, patches, video with cycling bent
- GravelTech – Publisher of One Speed Revolution and other bike ‘zines
- Carfree Portland.org
- Oregon Biking, Cycling
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Salem Breakfast on Bikes
- Wabi Woolens – Handmade Merino Wool Cycling Jerseys made right here in PDX
- Rainy Peak Cyclery – Cycling Caps and Shop Aprons
- Bike Cozy – Handmade cycling caps. tool rolls, etc
- Shaun Deller Designs – Handmade cycling caps and artwork
- M-HORTON Clothing Designs – Made to order clothing with Bicycle friendly designs
- Little Package Cycling Caps – Handmade Cycling Caps
- ExIT Shoes – One man hand-made shoe shop in PDX. He has a couple of cycling compatible designs.
Clothing (Oregon-based Headquartered)
- Oregon Cyclewear Jerseys – Wool Jerserys – Not sure where they are made.
- Rapha Performance Roadwear – US Headquarters in PDX
- Castelli USA – US Headquarters in Portland
- Showers Pass : Technical Cycling Outerwear – Portland-based Company and Buy Local sponsor
- Burley – Eugene based, but has since moved most manufacturing outside the US
- Keen Shoes – Portland Based Headquarters. Awesome communter shoes.
Bike Related Services
- Soupcycle – Organic Soup Delivery by Bicycle
- Bike Fitting
- Training (Bike Repair)
- Wheel Building
- BikeRacker – Portable Bike Parking system used for temporary events
- Velo Gioielli – Handmade bike jewerly made from recycled bike parts
- Ciclismo Design – Cycling Jewelry made in Portland
- Pedal Portland – Kirk Paulsen will help you plan routes in and around Portland, Oregon for first-time bike commuters.