Oregon State Fairgrounds; Salem, OR
Races 1-3; August 10th, 17th, & 24th
Race 4 – August 29th (During the Oregon State Fair)
Pro/Cat 1 Men & Women
Cat 2 Men & Women
Cat 3 (Beginner) Men & Women
Junior Men (10-14, 15-18) & Women
2009 MTB Categories vs. 2008 MTB Categories:
Pro 2009 = Pro/Elite 2008
Cat 1 2009 = Expert 2008
Cat 2 2009 = Sport 2008
Cat 3 2009 = Beginner 2008
Race # 1-3 Start Times & Race Durations
5:00pm – Course open for pre-riding
5:45pm – Kiddie race – racing for 5' (this race is FREE, but registration is required)
6:00pm – Cat 3 Men, Cat 3 Women, Junior Men & Women: racing for 20'
6:30pm – Cat 2 Women, Cat 2 Men, & Singlespeed: racing for 30'
7:05pm – Pro Men, Cat 1 Men & Pro/Cat 1 Women: racing for 40’
Race # 4 Start Times & Race Durations
5:30pm – Course open for pre-riding
6:00pm – Kiddie race – racing for 5' (this race is FREE, but registration is required)
6:15pm – Cat 3 Men, Cat 3 Women, Junior Men & Women: racing for 30'
6:50pm – Cat 2 Women, Cat 2 Men, & Singlespeed: racing for 40'
7:40pm – Pro Men, Cat 1 Men & Pro/Cat 1 Women: racing for 50’
All races will be held on the BMX track and adjacent grassy field at the Oregon State Fairgrounds; Salem, OR. The course will include a combination of grassy flats, twisty singletrack and bumpy dirt track (BMX course).
The short track course and surrounding area will be open for pre-riding from 5:00pm-5:30pm on Monday night events and 5:30pm-6:00pm during the Saturday event . If time allows, racers will also be able to pre-ride the course in between the race heats (only after all racers have come through on their last lap).
**You must pre-reg for Race #4 by August 28th, 2009. Race #4 entry fee will include a FREE one-day admission to Oregon State Fair and Saturday’s Laser Light show at 10 pm.
- Online registration | Online Waiver
- Series pass will available before Race #1 only.
- Monday event day-of-race registration from 5:00pm to 15 minutes prior to your start time.
- OBRA membership required for all racers (except kiddie racers) – single day: $5 / annual membership: $20.
Race numbered plates will be provided.
Series Points & Awards:
- Points are awarded 15 deep in each race. Points schedule is 30,25,22,19,17,15,13,11,9,7,5,4,3,2,1.
- Best three out of four races count toward series overall results.
- Series awards only (3 deep). Cash payout to Pro and Cat 1 Men/Women
1) Helmets are mandatory at the race venue and at all OBRA-sanctioned races. Make sure to bring one and wear it any time you are on your bike, including on your way from your car and back.
2) Only the BMX track and adjacent grassy field are open to racers. Please do not walk or bike anywhere else on the grounds.
3) No dogs please. We all like animals, but they add another element of complexity.
OBRA AND THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS RACE DO NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR INJURIES THAT OCCUR AT THE RACE. THE COSTS RELATED TO THOSE INJURIES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT.
A special thanks to our sponsors: